A chain is as strong as its weakest link… So we say identify it and let us make it strong.
Chain Reaction’14, the operations and supply chain flagship event of IRIS, invite you to participate and who knows you may surprise yourself with how much of ops you know. We say it requires some common sense and logical sense to identify the weakest link. Lean management, TQM, Six sigma and all other jargons you may play with but we challenge you to solve a real life problem for the sake of unlimited fun and learning.
Round 1 – Online MCQ quiz based on everything under the sky. Top 20 teams will move to round 2. Top 30 teams will get e-certificates!!!!
Round 2 – Simulation/Case study round. Participants have to play an online simulation or may have to work on a small & crisp case based on supply chain issues. Top 5 teams will move to round 3.
Round 3 – Final case study round. Participants have to work on a real life case problem and present it to judges in IIM Indore campus.
Registration starts – 8th Oct’14
Registration Ends – 24th Oct’14
Round 1 – 27th Oct’14
Round 2 – 29Th Oct’14
Round 3 – During IRIS fest
· The competition is open for all the PGDM/MBA students of a given B-School (both 1st year and 2nd year students)
· Each team can have minimum 2 and maximum 3 member
· Teams have to be registered by students who belong to the same B-School. Inter-college crossovers are not allowed
· Each team has to register itself on IRIS website before registration deadline
· No change in team structure will be entertained post registration of the team
· Any number of teams from a given B-School can apply for the event
· One participant cannot be a part of more than one team for this event
· The elimination round will be in the form of an Online Quiz(Round 1) of 30- 60 min duration
· Top 20 teams would be shortlisted after Round 1 and Top 5 teams would be invited to IIM Indore campus for the final rounds. In case one of the shortlisted teams back out for on campus round, the next team on the list will be selected
· The judging criteria (except Round 1) would be based on the creativity, innovativeness, practicality and effectiveness of the solutions that the teams come up with
· Travel Reimbursements would be made to the top 5 teams as per institute rules
· In case of any conflict, the decision of the Judges/Organizers shall remain final and binding
Cash / Cheque of INR 75,000. Prizes worth up to Rs 75,000 to be won along with e-certificates for top 30 participants